Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And that's that!




They came to pick up the empty boxes today. Nice to have them out of the house. They were taking up a lot of space in the living room and I was tired of looking at them and stepping over them.




Almost all they way done with unpacking. Still need to move the Christmas stuff and some other random things up to the attic to get them out of the way. Still haven't hooked up the TV or my desktop. Maybe this weekend. Not a huge priority, since I don't watch a lot of TV and the laptop has pretty much eliminated my need for the desktop.




Still waiting for SEVEN of the ten boxes I mailed myself. Packages take FOREVER to get here, apparently. (The guy at the post office said three to six weeks. UGH!)




We had a two hour snow delay this morning. The alarm went off at 5am and I hit snooze. The phone rang a few minutes later, which totally confused me, since the ringer is different from the alarm. It was our school secretary, telling me about the delay. So I went back to sleep. Got up, did the morning routine, packed my lunch, and schlepped all of the empty cardboard boxes out to the garage for pick-up. Sucked! It was cold and there were a ton of them. Glad that chore is done! I was annoyed with them in the house, but wasn't excited about having to carry them all out of the house. Oh well. It's done now. WHEW!




I need to get serious about picking up some furniture for the guest room. At this point, I am looking to get a full bed and at least one nightstand. Maybe a small dresser and a bookshelf. I am also planning to get a futon for the computer room, so I can have two guest rooms at the same time, without having to put anyone on a couch or air mattress. I'm keeping an eye out for a gently used set, but will go to IKEA if I haven't found anything by the time guests start rolling in.




The drive in was pretty this morning. It's normally dark when I drive to school, so I really appreciated the sunlight on the snowy trees, particularly since there's not a whole lot of actual sunlight. Most days are pretty gray and blah.





No comments:

Post a Comment