Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, eh... enough with the snow already!

So it started to snow a few days ago and has been going non-stop. The roads were atrocious today and people were very unhappy that school wasn't at least delayed. I suspect a delay for tomorrow morning, if not an outright cancellation. I was planning to go to Ramstein on Saturday, but may not, depending on the road conditions. All of my driving today was sloooooow and steady. The tires on my car could use replacing, but I don't have the cash for it right now. I am still waiting for my allowances to kick in and rent is due Monday. Ugh! I will be glad when they get my allowances sorted out and I can start having a little disposable cash again.

This past weekend, I met up with my brother's girlfriend's mom, Susan, who is married to a German and lives about an hour north of me. We went on a five hour, 18 km (11 miles) hike around Stuttgart. It was cold and muddy, but it was lovely. I was pretty sore afterwards and am still nursing some cranky muscles in the bottom of my left foot. I look forward to joining them again for another walk. It was predominately older Germans, but don't let that fool you. They are very fit and were in better shape for the walk than I was! We ended the hike at a restaurant and had some yummy food, well-deserved!

I was trying to go on a trip Saturday, but it sold out. I have plans to go to a Rosenmontag parade on Monday, but not much else planned for this lovely, freezing, snowy three day weekend. (Maybe four day, if school gets cancelled tomorrow!)

We had auditions for the spring musical this past week and I have the show cast. Planning on posting the cast list tomorrow, assuming we have school. Rehearsals will start Monday and the show will be in late April/early May. The kids seem super excited and I think it is going to be a great show.

Off to whip up some homemade pizza for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment