Sunday, January 10, 2010

Alles gut!

I meant to update this as I was traveling, but internet access was sketchy along the way and I didn't. I haven't decided whether or not I will go back and document the travel saga. I'm sure I will, but give me a few days. I really need to come up with a plan for the first few days of school. I could procrastinate and spend time on here, but... give me a few days! Hopefully, you've been able to follow along on Facebook.

If not, the quick overview is that I arrived Wednesday after a missed connection, got settled into the hotel, have picked up my car, and am ready to start school tomorrow. The dogs are safe and sound in the kennel and are waiting for me to move into the house before they will be able to join me. All is well. Getting settled in nicely and am relatively mobile, despite gross road conditions. I am able to drive back and forth between the hotel and the two military installations I need to access. I have a temporary cell phone, borrowed from school, but hope to get my iPhone tomorrow. I will have phone and internet set up at the house, hopefully this week. I am waiting to get my advance pay in place before I can move into the house, but hope to get that squared away in time to move in this weekend.

It is very nice here. Cold and snowy, but beautiful. So far, I have been able to get around a bit and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance. I am about to head out in search of dinner.

Tomorrow, I teach in the morning and plan to spend the first few days getting to know the kids. I still have some errands to run tomorrow afternoon. It will be nice to have the afternoons free over the next few weeks. The new semester starts Feb 1st and I will pick up two more classes and will have more of a full-time schedule. I was able to meet my three classes last week and they seem pretty excited about having their "real" teacher finally. I know they seem eager about getting started on the spring musical. "Little Shop of Horrors" seems to be the popular option, from what I have heard so far.

Alright, off to dinner before some final prep for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have/are having/had a great first day! I know they're going to love you as much as we do! :)

    ReplyDelete