Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Three weeks!

So this time three weeks ago, I was in transit. Hard to believe it's already been three weeks! But I have gotten so much done in the past three weeks! Woot!

On the unpacking front, not much has changed. I am working on the office tonight and I still haven't plugged in any of my electronics. I still have piles of empty boxes everywhere. I am definitely ready to be done with those. I did get the garage straight so I can park my car in there. However, it is a TEENY garage and I scraped up the front of my car getting it in there. On the upside, I won't have to scrape ice off of my car at 6:45 tomorrow morning before I can leave for work.

It is COLD. Today's high was 25 degrees. UGH!!! It is also crazy gray here. Not a whole lot of sunlight. I got a multi-vitamin and a calcium supplement with extra D because I was starting to feel a little wilty.

Things are good. This week is semester exams, so it's a little weird schedule-wise. The kids have off on Friday (lucky punks) but we have a workday. I expect to have all of my grading done at that point, so I can spend Friday moving stuff into my classroom and getting a little more moved in there. It will be nice to have my stuff in there, posters and whatnot. It doesn't feel like "my" classroom yet.

I also need to get cracking on the spring musical, which will be "Little Shop of Horrors." And I need to get a rough outline of lesson plans for the next semester taken care of, as well.

One of my new purchases is a GPS navigator. In the States, I just used my phone and it was sufficient for the most part, since I usually knew where I was going in Austin. But here, the GPS has been invaluable. It has a lot of cool features my phone navigator lacked. It knows what the speed limit is and tells you how fast you are going, which is nice to see together on the screen. It also tells you where the traffic "safety" cameras are, so you can avoid getting "blitzed." If you are speeding, the camera snaps your picture and they mail you your ticket. The navigator also gives traffic advice. I am a fan. Neat toy and highly recommended, particularly when driving in a foreign country.

Time to get back to work! Muah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment